Breitling

tonyx1302 12:42 20 Aug 2003

I seemed to have aquired loads of now unused screensavers which I would like to thin out. Can some one please tell me how I can delete a dozen or so from my Display Props menu.
Many thanks for any help
Tony

Taff36 12:51 20 Aug 2003

Do a search on your C drive for .SCR files.

In explorer highlight your c drive and in the search fo box type *.scr - The results should display recogniseable screensavers. Generally they are in a folder called System 32 .

By highlighting those you don`t want you can remove them by hitting the delete box.

Check back to properties and they should have disappeared.

tonyx1302 14:35 20 Aug 2003

Many thanks Taff 36 & horiz5. I have located some screensavers in folder System 32 but I cannot delete them by highlighting as after deleting they just pop back again, also horiz5, where will I find the system folder in which you suggest they will be?
Thanks for any further help

tonyx1302 15:10 20 Aug 2003

There is a helpfull world out there!! Many thanks Jester2K11,horiz5,Peverelli etc etc. I have taken all suggestions on board and have done a scan.All okay Thank God. I will persevere as per your ideas but at present the bloody things are still there!!! Any other suggestions(simple, as I am a complete novice too the comp.world)would be gratefully received.

tonyx1302 15:36 20 Aug 2003

Peverelli.............Been there.. Done that..no luck. The main problems are ones that I have down loaded. Some of them are quite very long,ie the BBC's new weather screen saver suggested in this months 'Computer Active' mag. Am I using a great deal of memory by just leaving them in the Display Props? Should I just forget about them?
Thanks again

Green 1 15:45 20 Aug 2003

Unusual name, do you have a watch from the same? I have the "Hercules" very nice.

tonyx1302 21:07 20 Aug 2003

Thanks a lot everyone out there. I went back as per 'mistagf' idea and it worked!!! Taff36 suggested it earlier ( Sorry mistagf) but I didn't type it in properly so I got no where. Thick or what!
Sorry 'mistagf',the Hercules is a brilliant watch made by Breitling.

Hi 'Green1', I had the Chronomat Blackbird for a long time but I am now the proud owner of a 'Montbrillant' which my son gave me as a retirement present

Once again, thanks everyone for your interest and help.I can sleep easy tonight thanks to you lot!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)