Breathe and Spam

Taff36 10:09 13 Mar 2005

I have had a breathemail account for many years and used my e-mail address as a personal account. In the last three weeks I suddenly started receiving up to 65 spam mails a day which I intercept using web mail and delete without downloading as many as possible. The Breathe spam filters which I turned on the account (Standard protection and something called Spam Cop) don`t seem to be any use at all.

Q1 - Anyone else having the same problems with breathe or have I just become unlucky?

Q2 - Never having had a major problem with Spam before what are my options. Freeware or purchased?

Q3 - Any other common sense solutions to prevent it getting worse? A friend of mine with BT Openworld gets treble this but their spam filter puts it in a vault and it never gets to her inbox.

VoG II 10:13 13 Mar 2005

Morning Taff36

Q2 - Mailwasher - free click here or paid for click here

Taff36 10:26 13 Mar 2005

Morning VoG - Haven`t been around much recently so nice to hear from you!

Do you use Mailwasher? I was under the apprehension that if I bounced the spam messages it made the situation worse i.e. it confirmed the e-mail address and more spam followed. Any thoughts?

Taff36 13:03 13 Mar 2005

Anyone else got any thoughts?

VoG II 14:40 13 Mar 2005

Yes I use Mailwasher on my Hotmail account which is where I get most of my spam. I just delete the spam off the server rather than bouncing.

Taff36 18:19 13 Mar 2005

I`ll set it up and let you know hw I get on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Explore Milton Glaser's iconic poster designs from the 1960s to present, including Bob Dylan, I…

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts