bootmgr is missing after I changed graphics cards

finnus725 20:39 22 Nov 2015

So I upgraded graphics card from GeForce 760 to 980. I start it up and bootmgr is missing. After a Google search I then put in the Windows installation disc and start a repair. It finishes after an hour and a half with no results. I then try the command prompt fix but that doesn't work. Eventually I thought ** it I'll reinstall Windows, but it can't locate any drivers so I can't even do that :( any help would be much appreciated! Update: EDIT: The command prompt fix was Bootrec /RebuildBcd, Update 2: EDIT: The boot record failed because it couldn't find a driver. I don't know why I can't find a driver, but some useful information to know is 1. I don't have a saved backup (I know idiotic but it is what it is) and 2. I have a cracked version of windows, however the installation disc I'm using is genuine

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:23 22 Nov 2015

check drive connections you may have disturbed something when fitting the ne graphics card

bumpkin 22:48 22 Nov 2015

Sounds about normal to me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Moving Brands on 20 years of bringing life to brands - and keeping their brand socially responsible

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques Bluetooth (2018)