Boot up problems

[DELETED] 20:57 29 Mar 2006

I am having a boot up problem I am running on windows xp.I get upto to the bit after the window logo with loading bar and then it restart and goes through bios again. I tried putting it in safe mode but it starts the loop again I noticed something whilst i put it in bios through it said to do what to cancel loading vax374b.sys if so press enter either way it doesn't work if you need anymore information just say.

[DELETED] 20:59 29 Mar 2006

Assuming that you have a Windows CD then try click here;en-us;310396&Product=winxp

[DELETED] 21:00 29 Mar 2006

I mean: click here

[DELETED] 21:15 29 Mar 2006

When I type in ren kernel...old it cannot find system file and I have not spelt it incorrectly.I have no windows xp disk is there anyway I could get the Kernel file for the later stage.I have no floppy drive on the computer i am using at the moment.

hargranules 21:23 29 Mar 2006

I had a similar problem I got it to a stage where I could type in command prompts and then ran C:\chkdisk or C:\scandisk.

This solved my problem.

[DELETED] 21:23 29 Mar 2006

I can't find a download for the correct version for XP. If you e-mail me by clicking my yellow envelope I'll send it to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple