boot up messages

spriest 22:40 31 Mar 2003

when trying to boot up, im getting messages
vnetsup.vxd, vredir.vxd, dfs.vxd i keep clicking enter and it might boot up, i also get not reading drive c abort, ignore,retry,,when it does boot it says half way through msnp32dll is missing on microsoft network. i tried defraging and a message came up saying line 222 of module drive cpp.
i am running windows 98

Lú-tzé 08:11 01 Apr 2003

Go to start_run and type in SFC and follow instructions - it is meant to replace any files which may be missing.

It sounds as if you have done a lot of installing and uninstalling of progs so a registry cleaner such as from jv16.org may help.

MAJ 09:27 01 Apr 2003

I've come across this problem a number of times when fixing PCs, spriest, I usually get it sorted by going to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Network and uninstalling "Client for Microsoft Networks" (click on it and click Remove). Rebooting, going back to the same place and re-installing "Client for Microsoft Networks". It's been a few months since I've had to do it, so I can't remember if you need the CD but I think you might. It worked for me, hope it works for you.

spriest 13:39 01 Apr 2003

thankyou both for your help much appreciated, i followed your advice and it is now fixed.
thank's again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?