Bluetooth transmitter for TV

tonyx1302 22:07 04 Mar 2018
Answered

Hello. Is there such a thing as a Bluetooth transmitter that doesn’t plug in to the headphone jack on the TV please? I would like to listen via headphones and without deleting the sound for others which would happen if I plug anything into the headphone jack Thank you Tony

wee eddie 23:20 04 Mar 2018

Has your TV got a USB Port?

mrcalif 00:09 05 Mar 2018

Has your TV got a USB Port?

I know what your thinking, however you just can't plug any Bluetooth device into a TV's USB Port.

They usually have to be proprietary device from the TV's manufacturer.

mrcalif 00:19 05 Mar 2018

If your TV has an Optical Out connection try this click here sound will not be muted via a Toslink connection.

The

tonyx1302 16:32 05 Mar 2018

Following on has anybody purchased and can recommend a 27"---32" TV with Bluetooth already installed ? I want to be able to listen via my wireless Bluetooth earphones while everybody else can hear unaffected from the TV Thank you Ton

mrcalif 17:05 05 Mar 2018

Unfortunately your going to be back to sound just via the headphones.

As most TV's, as soon as you pair a Bluetooth Audio Device will send all sound to that Device and mute the internal TV Speakers.

tonyx1302 17:31 05 Mar 2018
Answer

Hello mrcalif and thank you so much for your reply and expertise. As you will have gathered, I am not at all technically minded so thought that a Bluetooth TV was the answer. Because of my hearing loss our home has been wired up for a 'loop' system for twenty odd years but hoped that a TV with B/tooth and earphones would make like easier. Not to be but now at least I understand why Thank you again for all your help and patience Kind regards Tony

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?