Bluetooth headphones use with TV

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:48 14 Oct 2018
Answered

Noty having any luck in the Digital Home forum so repeating it here in the Tech forum.

I looking at changing my old TV currently use some wireless headphones coupled to an adaptor in the scart socket.

The TV I'm thinking of buying does not have scart sockets (as per most TVs nowadays) or even a headphone socket.

Anyone have any experience using Bluetooth head phones with a modern TV i'm interested in the following:

Can I pair and use more than one headset at the same time?

Can the TV be use at a low volume and the headphones at a higher volume at the same time?

Or would I be better buying some form of adaptor to use in the TOS socket to achieve the above?

Erik G Robberts 10:14 17 Oct 2018

Bluetooth headphones use with TV is a good thought. I have read all of your posts. I really like to read about technology. 'Bluetooth headphones use with TV' is an interesting and helpful content. Technically the infrastructure is the key to success. You have already mentioned it in your post. I would like to read more articles and get a good knowledge of Bluetooth headphones to use with TV, I am a write I have written an essay on this Bluetooth headphones use with TV. It is really important to get good knowledge in all the fields. Your site is a great platform to get good topics to read. Thank you.

BRYNIT 11:28 17 Oct 2018

"Can the TV be use at a low volume and the headphones at a higher volume at the same time?" Yes but will depend on the TV.

"Can I pair and use more than one headset at the same time?" as far as I know you cannot (but could be wrong) although there seems to be apps that allow multiple bluetooth speakers to be connected to a smart phone.

Govan1x 12:03 18 Oct 2018

having posted the same question a while back I did get information of a pack that you can buy you plug your earphones on to that and connect the other part to the TV. Although I bought the part my brother decided he did not want it done that way so whether it actually works or not I don't know.

i think it was secret squirrel or red dave13 that gave me all the advice. Will look and see if I can find the post.

Govan1x 12:12 18 Oct 2018

Old post worth a read but may be of no help to you.

Click Here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:55 18 Oct 2018

Govan1x thanks

Head phone socket cuts out sound from TV speakers and I need both, TV on low and headphones on high.

at the moment the old TV has a scart out with scart adaptor to a RCA headphone socket lead which a wireless headphone base plugs into. Had two of these but one base failed now I can tune both sets to the same base.

Looking at a new bigger TV but the LGs and Sansungs I fancy dont have scart or headphone jacks even. All have TOS links some have bluetooth so was hoping to reduce the cables by using bluetooth head phones (two sets if possible) but need to know if can have TV sound and blutooth sound at different levels.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:50 26 Oct 2018
Answer

Tried pairing a Bluetooth speaker with the LG TV I had in mind to purchase, couldn't even find it.

Did manager to get it to pair with another Bluetooth speaker but no sound even though audio menu correctly set to output to Bluetooth.

So it looks like i won't be purchasing Bluetooth headphones for use with a TV. optical output adaptors must be the route to go.

john bunyan 21:11 26 Oct 2018

Apart from headphones, I would look at the catch up features . I have a Samsung and (older) LP and the Samsung has more TV catch up- my LP only has BBC. Also the wi fi is better on the Samsung. TV sound is poor on the LG so I have a Denon Speaker box, like a sound bar. That is connected via Optical, but it has a speaker socket. Not sure if soundbars would have a connection that would suit headphones that you want but maybe worth having a look . I have my LG internal speakers set to off.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke spoofs all your favourite stock photo clichés

MacBook Air 2018 review

Comment supprimer un compte Facebook ?