Blue Screen shutdowns

stonerose 12:59 25 Sep 2004

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
HELP!

This is a response I've started getting increasingly. The PC shuts down and reboots or now doesn't even get that far.

It gives this.
***STOP:0x0000000A (0x88550394, 0x00000007, 0x00000000, 0x805329DD)

A friend of mine used to use partition magic with WIN 98 on my PC to run Boot Magic so I could run seperate installations of drivers (for a sound card). However, we fell out and I did a reinstall with little knowledge after everything stopped working.
Now I have a better sound card that doesn't require seperate drivers, so I just have a single instalation, but I dont think I've ever got rid of this relic, despite trying as I no longer boot with bootmagic. 1 thing I notice is that my 60Gig HD is only ever recognised as 55 and my 120Gig HD is about the same amount down. Could it be that there is a hidded load of win98/boot magic/partition magic/ghost files that I just want removed. I am a little bit scared to rumage around, is there a safe way I can start afresh, like re-installing everything and wiping my HD's clean (after saving all my music and word files of course)?
P.S. I have XP pro, office 2003 and run Cubase SX2 for music. Also, the primary HD, the 60Gig, is NFTS and the 120Gig is FAT32, which I know little about.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?