Blocked attachments with Hotmail

tonyx1302 12:45 29 Dec 2003

How can I stop hotmail from blocking what it considers 'unsafe attachments'? I am trying to receive some Xmas photos from a friend but hotmail continually permanently blocks the attachments as 'unsafe' without my approval.

2nd problem! Sometimes when connected to the web instead of receiving an image that is on the site I get a very small box in the left hand corner with a a small red circle, a blue box and a green triangle inserted!!!!!
Any ideas on how I can correct the above problems ? Please keep any replies in idiot format as I am new to the computer world.
Thank you

tonyx1302 12:57 29 Dec 2003

Hi Jester 2K. I tried that but it work. Any other suggestions please?

tonyx1302 19:48 29 Dec 2003

Hi Jester2K & palinka

Sorry for the delay. The message was sent to me only via Outlook Express which I use.

tonyx1302 16:14 30 Dec 2003

Hi Jester2K/palina/VoG/Irishman.

1, I have unchecked the 'do not allow'bow
2, I am using Outlook Express
3, i have tried sending it to myself. It still tells me that it is 'unsafe'
4. The 'show pictures' box is ticked
5, Sorry, I don't know about Java etc yet. I went to the site suggested and it was all gobble-de-gook to me.
6, Still in the dark!!!!

tonyx1302 21:16 30 Dec 2003

Hi VoG

Cracked it! I tried everything including 'Sent items' folder and there they were.

Many thanks everyone

Tony

tonyx1302 16:49 31 Dec 2003

Jester2K

Sorry to be dumb, but I don't know what I did to solve the problem. I tried all the suggestions inluding sending it to back to myself and after about 30 mins of trying it arrived back in my inbox and I was able to open the attachments!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

FIFA 19 review

Adobe announces Custom Toolbars for upcoming ‘Illustrator CC 2019’

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Les drôles de questions à poser à votre assistant Google Home