Blinking, Blinking lights on HP printer

Nenad 03:37 30 Jul 2016

Various error messages have appeared on my HP Deskjet All-in-One printer F4180 and now after installing a new black cartridge and clicking Align various lights are blinking i.e. paper type lights, print cartridge lights, power light and resume light. HP Support advice for blinking lights is that the cause is Fatal. As it's out of warranty I cannot phone, email or get a webchat with them so am a bit stuck. Is it likely or certain that the printer cannot be economically repaired as this message indicates? Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Nenad 03:40 30 Jul 2016

PS HP have given me a telephone number to ring to get options and the number is (888) 747-7756 is this helpful or what? Where is this?

BRYNIT 08:37 30 Jul 2016

I'm surprises it's lasted so long, most printers would have died years ago. The parts for your printer are unlikely to be available any more and I doubt anyone would attempt to repair it due to cost.

This is HP's fault finding page for the F4100 series printer have a read CLICK HERE also have a search of the web and youtube you may find a solution.

[DELETED] 10:15 30 Jul 2016

I'm sure BRYNIT meant this link.

BRYNIT 10:41 30 Jul 2016

Thank rdave13

Don't know where that web page came from in my link as I've never seen it before.

Nenad 04:24 31 Jul 2016

Thanks you guys for your help. It's given good service for a cheap printer, 8 years, and the message is clear, it's time to replace it.Incidentally Kodak provide much better out of warranty support and this does not include an unrecognised telephone number as given by HP'

alanrwood 09:01 31 Jul 2016

I believe that Kodak are getting out of the printer business so I would just check this out first.

Nenad 17:53 31 Jul 2016

Thanks for the info re Kodak. I would say that at the moment Kodak are providing an excellent support service and as part of this are providing a new printer at low cost £35 for me. So I was happey to bin the old leaking one and look forward to using the new one.

BRYNIT 00:37 01 Aug 2016

"Kodak are providing an excellent support service and as part of this are providing a new printer at low cost £35 for me"

£35 for the printer is cheap but when you take into account the cost of the ink you may find it expensive.

wee eddie 01:44 01 Aug 2016

The usual cause of such a multitude of lights is a full Ink Overflow Tank. I am on my phone now but there is website that tells you how to clean them. I shall post it tomorrow afternoon

wee eddie 10:14 01 Aug 2016

Hope this helps Fix your own Printer.com

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

12 character artists you should know about in 2019

iPad mini 5 release date, price & specs rumours

Test : l’enceinte Bluetooth BW-AS2 de Blitzwolf