Blank screen but with backlight?

Paul Lynch 18:55 15 Dec 2016
Answered

I have a MEDION AKOYA E6227 laptop with the above problem, not even showing the boot screen. I've tried holding the power button down after removing the battery to discharge the static. I've checked the RAM, and after connecting it to a TV via VGA I've tried disabling the graphics card in safe mode and rebooted. I've also checked all the drivers and BIOS are up to date. Device Manager says the graphics driver is working properly. I've also checked the graphics cable connections on the motherboard and back of the LCD panel. Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:54 15 Dec 2016

hold a bright light up to screen if you can see a faint image then possibly invertor to back lights failed

Paul Lynch 20:29 15 Dec 2016

Thanks but there is no faint image on the screen when a torch is help up to it.

Burn-it 21:24 15 Dec 2016
Answer

Then the panel is dead and needs replacing. To confirm this try the panel from a similar machine. Are you sure the hot keys to turn off the screen haven't been activated?

Paul Lynch 22:05 15 Dec 2016

I'm not able to try another panel but as I'm 100% sure it not the F7/F8 hotkeys and I seem to have tried everything else, I will have to presume the panel is, as you say, dead. Anyway, thanks for your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 release date & specs

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2019 is 'Living Coral'

Can Macs Get Viruses & Do Macs Need Antivirus Software?

Comment baisser votre ping ?