black screen on pc start up

amandajane921 09:52 17 Aug 2016

I bought a zoostorm computer about a year and a half ago, turned it on the other week and get a black screen on the monitor and the mouse and keyboard dont work. I cleaned the psu etc tried a different monitor and vga cable and still nothing. So i then bought a new psu and motherboard with an intergrated graphics card but it is still not working. My pc doesnt beep when turning it on but it also never has. Any help would be great. thank you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:13 17 Aug 2016

Any signs of life? fans spinning, LEDs, hard drive running?

amandajane921 10:54 17 Aug 2016

All the fans are spinning, the cd drive opens, the leds work, can hear a noise as if tge harddrive is running

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:24 17 Aug 2016

now sounds like your monitor or cable to monior is not working

try connecting to another monitor or TV or swap monitor connection.

amandajane921 12:03 17 Aug 2016

We have just tried a new monitor and also tried it in our tv with different cables and it is still not working. The only thing that isnt new is our ram, hard drive, and the cpu fan but the fan is spinning. Could it be because of any if them? We did try starting the computer with no hard drive as should still come up with bios setting but that didnt work either.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:25 17 Aug 2016

when you fitted the new motherboard did you see a small 4pi (or eighth pin) connection near the cpu?

amandajane921 15:08 18 Aug 2016

We disconnected all off the motherboard and wired it back up and finally it is now working but is very slow to load in when first turn it on so think it is struggling to read the hard drive as when its on it is working fine. So will just get a new hard drive and hopefully that will fix that problem. Thank you so much for your help :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 5G UK Release Date, Price & Specification

D&AD Awards 2019: Check out the Pencil winners from the year's biggest creative awards

WWDC 2019 dates and what to expect

iPhone 2019 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs