Black Screen Desktop, dll files errors.

Shaolin76 10:21 07 Jul 2018

Hello. After unexpected system shutdown, I can't load desktop( blackscreen only) and there goes dll files errors - userenv.dll, RpcRtRemote.dll, config/systemprofile/Desktop - cant find file. Sfc /scannow won't work. Same situation in safe mode too. I already tried to reinstall these files but this did't help.... Is there any way to bring desktop back to work?

Thanks in advance

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:04 07 Jul 2018

try a system restore back to before the problem started.

Secret-Squirrel 12:10 07 Jul 2018

After unexpected system shutdown , I can't load desktop( blackscreen only) and there goes dll files errors...........

A disk check should be the first thing to try when that happens.

Shaolin76 12:27 07 Jul 2018
  • I dont have a created system restore point.
  • Already did chkdsk, won't help

I have even login as administrator but have same errors.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:36 07 Jul 2018

I hope you have a back up?

possibly you need to do a reset click here

Shaolin76 18:52 07 Jul 2018

I will try this, thanks

Rishav Raj 09:12 09 Jul 2018

Downloading the missing dll files would help. Use this link to download missing dll files.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:55 09 Jul 2018

probably not a good idea to download missing dlls as a lot of theses sites are didgy and can introduce malware.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

50 Cent is Iron Man in these comic book cover reissues of hip hop classics

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Mac : comment forcer la fermeture d’une application ?