Black screen after Starting Windows screen

tomylapee 18:40 02 Nov 2018

Ok, so the other day I was playing CS:GO and suddenly my computer crashed and the screen went gray (like nothing I'd seen before). I had to restart the computer and when turning on again, after the starting windows screen it just went black. I left it for about half and hour and nothing happened. So I proceeded to restart again. I was then able to go into safe mode, which allowed me to try some stuff. What I found useful was to disable my GPU through the device manager, which allowed me to normally use the computer, but without the proper resolution since I am basically using the pc through the GPU without the driver. I tried reinstalling the driver, last and some older versions and none worked, I would still get the black screen again when trying to turn on, so the problem is definitively with that driver. I tried running the pc with an older HDD and could check that with it, it works perfectly, so the GPU is ok. Also, with that I can assume that formatting the PC will fix it, but I do not have that possibility right now. Can someone give me any other suggestions as to what might fix this without formatting?

PS: tried restoring to a sys backup, didn't work. Windows restore didn't work either.

Specs: -Asus M4N68T-M LE V2 -AMD Athlon II X3 455 3.30 Ghz -4 GB RAM -AMD Radeon HD 7700 series

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL