Black screen after Starting Windows screen

tomylapee 18:40 02 Nov 2018

Ok, so the other day I was playing CS:GO and suddenly my computer crashed and the screen went gray (like nothing I'd seen before). I had to restart the computer and when turning on again, after the starting windows screen it just went black. I left it for about half and hour and nothing happened. So I proceeded to restart again. I was then able to go into safe mode, which allowed me to try some stuff. What I found useful was to disable my GPU through the device manager, which allowed me to normally use the computer, but without the proper resolution since I am basically using the pc through the GPU without the driver. I tried reinstalling the driver, last and some older versions and none worked, I would still get the black screen again when trying to turn on, so the problem is definitively with that driver. I tried running the pc with an older HDD and could check that with it, it works perfectly, so the GPU is ok. Also, with that I can assume that formatting the PC will fix it, but I do not have that possibility right now. Can someone give me any other suggestions as to what might fix this without formatting?

PS: tried restoring to a sys backup, didn't work. Windows restore didn't work either.

Specs: -Asus M4N68T-M LE V2 -AMD Athlon II X3 455 3.30 Ghz -4 GB RAM -AMD Radeon HD 7700 series

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE 5G review: How fast is 5G in the UK?

The Best 404 Page Designs: from delightful illustrations to time-wasting games

Powerbeats Pro review

Que faire si le son de votre Mac ne fonctionne plus ?