Black Magic disappeared as if by magic. Where?

qwbos 16:20 03 Nov 2018
Answered

I was looking for a free video editor so thought I'd try one from here .

HitFilm 4 Express was a waste of time downloading and installing as you needed to post recommendations on various (anti) social media to get a key. Pity they don't tell you that upfront!

Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve looked good, so I downloaded and installed it, only for it to disappear without a trace. Given that the download was just under 1GB, it's difficult to understand where it went without leaving a trace as far as I can see.

Any ideas?

Ended up with VSDC Free Video Editor which seems fine, though when it comes to exporting the finished file, the free option isn't exactly obvious.

difarn 19:23 03 Nov 2018

Is your OS Windows 10? Have you looked in a Blackmagic folder under Programs.

click here you logged on as Administrator?

Are

qwbos 20:33 03 Nov 2018

difarn

W10 and logged on as Administrator. Blackmagic doesn't exist on my system. It's as if it was never there.

If I have time. I'll try downloading it again tomorrow.

qwbos 20:42 03 Nov 2018
Answer

difarn

Just did another search on the forum you linked to. Looking at this , I think I'll quit while I'm ahead. Looks like more bother than it's worth, with all sorts of ridiculous issues.

The phantom installation progressed normally with no apparent issues, but if it's as flaky as some of these posts suggest, I'll stick with VSDC.

difarn 22:40 03 Nov 2018

Probably a good plan from what I've read.

rdave13 23:17 03 Nov 2018

Try Movie Maker and Photo Gallery of yore. Download form the link supplied here and remember to untick everything except the two programs mentioned; in the Essentials download window. They work a treat on Windows 10.

qwbos 00:05 05 Nov 2018

Thanks rdave13 but my desktop's already having a nervous breakdown after numerous downloads/installations followed by uninstalls, so I'll stick with VSDC Free.

I didn't anticipate getting a 60 second clip off my dashcam footage to give to the police would entail so much hassle.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke spoofs all your favourite stock photo clichés

MacBook Air 2018 review

Comment supprimer un compte Facebook ?