Black lines across my laptop

ennnceee 05:51 16 Jul 2019

That's it, really. Two tightly-knit black lines a quarter of the way along the top and two tightly-knit 2" lines a quarter of the way down, a third of the way across.

Is my laptop about to die?

Thanks!

wee eddie 09:09 29 Jul 2019

There comes a time when one has to make a decision.

How annoying is it?

Are you prepared to spend £100 on a £300 Laptop?

If you are - Take it into a High Street Repair Shop (Curries/PCW are extortionate) and ask for a quote. BUT Before you do that - Back up (make an external Copy of) all your Files

ennnceee 09:15 29 Jul 2019

Thanks, Eddie. Not at all annoying at the moment, well, only very slightly, I suppose.

Think will just carry on regardless and see what happens. All files already backed up externally.

Thanks.

ennnceee 06:08 07 Aug 2019

Think that's about it, then. Thanks all for interest and assistance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:21 07 Aug 2019

The only other thing you could try is to reinstall the drivers however because it doesn't happen on the external monitor then it is probably a hardware issue.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

TikTok and how to use it for illustration success

macOS Catalina Review: New MacOS update turns your Mac into an entertainment hub

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 11, 11 Pro et 11 Pro Max (2019)