bit of topic but

  adamagain 00:50 28 Sep 2005

Anyone know what the printer replacement proper name is,for use in tills,when the ink is faint.


  driving man 01:24 28 Sep 2005

look in yellow pages under cash registers and phone someone up

  octal 06:44 28 Sep 2005

Depending on the age of the till its either a Dot Matrix printer for the older tills or a Thermal printer for the more recent ones.

If the printing is faint in the case of the Dot Matrix it could be either the ink device needs replacing or the head cleaning. If its Thermal the print head could be worn or the paper is damp or you could be using an inferior batch of paper.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)