best soundcard to use with speaker package

markyboy156 15:28 27 May 2017

hi all

i have just bought new components to build a new pc the components are i770k cpu asus prime z270-a motherboard corsair vengeance led 32g ddr4 -3466 memory corsair h100i v2 liquid cooler samsung 960 evo 1tb wd blue 6tb hard drive evga geforce gtx 1080ti graphics card window 10 usb flash drive pioneer bdr-j11sk writer lg bh16ns55 writer silverstone primera rgb case logitech g900 mouse corsair k70 rgb rapidfire keyboard

my question is i am after buying a soundcard that will playback ultra hd and blu ray films and pc audio i want to somehow connect it to a marantz 7010 amp and a emotiva xpa3 gen3 and using rbh impressions peakers a 11.4 hometheatre speaker package and a oppo 205 4k player i will be connecting the fronts and centre to the emotiva the rest to marantz i want to be able to playback ultra hd films blu ray fillms and all audio sounds from my pc through my rbh impressions speaker package without loss of audio sound and through all 11.4 speakers with the sound card that you all reccommend what cables do i need how do i connect it and how do i set it up through the amp and sound card using the very latest power dvd software and using my writers to playback movies thanks need info asap thanks

aquatarkus 16:07 27 May 2017

Hi There You appear to be using the Marantz SR7010 as just a preamp / processor and using the Emotiva as the power amp(nice setup). Don't bother with a sound card, you simply need to connect the pc to the Marantz via HDMI out from the NVidia gtx 1080ti to one of the HDMI inputs on the Marantz. You then need to configure the HDMI settings on the NVidia card to bit stream to the Marantz.The Nidia card should be able to support Dolby DTS, DTS-HD, True-HD etc. The Marantz will then do all the decoding.

Worth having a look here for info click here not sure any currently available sound cards can transmit HD audio.

Regards Keith W

I'm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

12 great UX design talks you can watch online

MacBook Air 2018 review

Les meilleurs bracelets connect├ęs (2018)