Best professional OCR software, and/or company

VittoM 16:41 03 Dec 2018

Good evening,

The company that I work for has a lot of paper documents they need to digitize and make them readable from a pc.

Because of the high quality standard required for this process, I am looking for the best professional Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software (or companies, possibly in Germany) that can take care of the whole job. The documents are both normal text and data tables.

For the moment we have tested a scanner Fujitsu fi-7180 which has an OCR software built in, but we would probably need a more reliable character recognition which makes less mistakes.

Thank you very much for any advice.

V.

MJS WARLORD 17:35 03 Dec 2018

I think you should find software , do you really want to hand over company items to be copied , you never know where they could end up.

wee eddie 19:00 03 Dec 2018

You will only need OCR Software if you plan to alter the Documents.

Any, half decent, Scanner will give you an accurate image of each Document that is perfectly readable

VittoM 08:42 04 Dec 2018

Thank you MJS WARLORD and wee eddie for your replies.

Would there be any professional OCR software you would recommend for us to be able to scan documents and make them readable/editable? Thank you :)

john bunyan 09:07 04 Dec 2018

Years ago I remember Omni Page as a good ICR.

Omni Page

wee eddie 12:21 04 Dec 2018

If a document is stored in a malleable format, it cannot be relied upon as evidence

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel Slate review

Brian Cox-branded beer brings Big Bang beauty to bottles

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment jouer à des jeux de PS2 et PS3 sur PS4 ?