Best monitor for Photo editing

noel_courtney 07:09 04 May 2009

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this?

I,m looking to purchase a new monitor proably around 24". I will be doing a lot of photo editing (PC being built for this.

I,m wondering what people opinions are for monitors. I know I want high resolution and DVI input? Any recommendations?

wjrt 22:52 04 May 2009
  rick808 23:03 04 May 2009

All depends on how far you want to go with colour accuracy. The above posted monitor is fine if you calibrate it properly and are happy for a few colour discrepancies. But for a true representation of your final output you may want to look here - click here
Whichever option you go for it will be well worth you getting a decent calibrator as no matter how good the monitor is if it isn't calibrated properly you are going to get poor results.

hssutton 08:29 05 May 2009

Assuming you don't want to spend £1000 plus. Then you will find the the Samsung a very good alternative taking cost into consideration.

For my recently built PC which is used primarily for photo editing using CS4 & Lightroom I have the HP 24" widescreen. It also includeds built in calibration software that produces results equivilent to using such as a "Spyder"

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?