Best Lightweight Travel Laptop Advice Please?

tburchell 00:06 27 Dec 2016

I will be doing some travelling next year and would like to take with me a very lightweight laptop. Could anyone advise the best one to look at? I just need it to update my website and basic stuff like that. The main things are a full qwerty keyboard and mouse, put very slim and lightweight. Any help would be much appreciated. Tim.

Forum Editor 14:33 27 Dec 2016

Without a shadow of a doubt, if it suits your budget I would recommend this machine.

Light as a feather, and with a stunning performance and display it has been getting some seriously good reviews.

tburchell 14:52 27 Dec 2016

Thank you very much, that's too rich a price for me. I just need a good cheap lightweight PC, however very many thanks for your help so far!! Tim.

Forum Editor 15:49 27 Dec 2016

"I just need a good cheap lightweight PC,"

The thing is, the words 'lightweight' and 'cheap' tend to be mutually exclusive where laptops are concerned - building a thin machine is more difficult, and more expensive.

Anything that's any good in this category (which is called ultra-portables) is not really going to cost less than around £600. Here's a case in point. A decent machine, but it will cost more than something that does the same job but is heavier and thicker.

_H04X_ 22:50 27 Dec 2016

In terms of laptops needed for basic tasks, I have an HP Stream 11, i use it daily for basic tasks when my main PC is not needed (web browsing, banking, typing etc)

Govan1x 10:08 28 Dec 2016

there is this 2-1 from dell at £399 which maybe ok. Drawback there is no CD drive with it. Probably right size right weight and right price.

Dell

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Redmi 8 Release Date, Price & Spec Rumours

Candid photography at home is helping Swedes to sell houses

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleures séries Netflix