best broadband connection?

gudda96 16:19 10 Oct 2003

Can anyone suggest the best BB as I have applied for FS BB and should have been connected on the 7th but it has not happened.

I am ringing/writing/e-mailing both BT and FS to no avail.

Would like to change both of them I THINK.

hugh-265156 16:56 10 Oct 2003

people may laugh at me for saying this but ntl are great in my opinion.never had a problem in 13 months 600k connection £24.99mth.

gudda96 17:48 10 Oct 2003

Tangerine
Who is your landline supplier and where you connected on the date promised.

Minter
Quite a comprehensive site that but a bit bewildering for me. If you are experienced in BB do you have any tips. I read in the Daily Express that BT are going to be asked questions about them slowing up the final connection. As I said, they have slowed mine as it should have been the 7th.

Huggy/R4

Thank you all for answering.

Flak999 18:23 10 Oct 2003

Im with Freeserve and i have to say it is excellent!

free modem came when promised set up was a breeze, i am now getting a great uninterrupted connection with fast download speeds!

gudda96 09:12 11 Oct 2003

Thanks everyone for your comments, what a forum.

Am I right to assume that if I went to Pipex, they become my ISP supplier then but I can stay with BT for my landline?

I assume there is a link on the site Minter for Pipex, will look after this.

BTW, when composing a message here, i c/o the BACK button to refer to your comments and on return, had lost my message, do I need to r/c copy when I go back or is there another way.

JohnS 12:33 13 Oct 2003

I use BT. Kit arrived when I was told and installed first time. Never have problem connecting and don't know what the help desk is like as I never had to use it.

JohnS

gudda96 17:28 14 Oct 2003

Hi Everyone

I would like to thank you all for replies.

i am still in no mans land..I have told FS to cancel my application as I cannot find out why I am not connected. I have done all they said EG their filter in into my BT socker>>one cable from their modem to back of filter>>one cable from their modem to a USB connection on processor.
I have disconnected it and asked for my money back because apart from the lack of connection, I find that other servers are cheaper. In fact you who suggested Pipex might be glad to know that someone I know who is VERY high up in pc's uses Pipex himself.

But before I join Pipex, I am communicating with them by email as I dont want the same problem so if the signal is too weak or whatever, let them find out first if they can.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review

How designers created the world of smash hit drama Bodyguard

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment supprimer le son au démarrage d’un Mac ?