Belkin wireless router/modem HELP with internet

belkinnew 14:03 28 Apr 2006

I have a combined wireless router and adsl modem, which i have setup and had working fine on a computer with aol internet, i have then taken it to a clients house and set it up on a very similar computer but with tiscali internet on and it will not connect to the internet.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Any help at all would be appreciated?
Thanks

mgmcc 14:37 28 Apr 2006

Have you reconfigured the ADSL connection settings within the router for it to connect to your client's Tiscali service instead of your AOL one?

belkinnew 15:44 28 Apr 2006

Yeah i have reset the router and entered all of the new setting for the tiscali account the computer will pick up the wireless network but not the internet. are they any other steeing that you can think of that could be affecting the internet????

Thanks for your quick response

ade.h 16:10 28 Apr 2006

Is your client's client firewall (sorry if that's confusing, but it's important that I use the correct terminology) configured correctly for receiving a net connection through the LAN adapter?

80-90% of issues: Incorrectly configured client firewalls.

ade.h 21:27 28 Apr 2006

click here Duplicated.

belkinnew 12:58 30 Apr 2006

Is your client's client firewall (sorry if that's confusing, but it's important that I use the correct terminology) configured correctly for receiving a net connection through the LAN adapter?

Im not quite sure how would i check this? i set it up on my machine which has a norton firewall as does the clients machine. It worked fine on mine but not the clients machine.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?