Belkin Wireless G USB Adapter

splatter 11:18 04 Jun 2006

On Friday night my PC died, again. Well, it wasn't really the PC, but...yup, Windows. It's like the 3rd time it has happened in about 5 months, and I am just about fed up with it, so I write to you know from Debian Linux. I've had a few niggles getting the sytem working correctly, and dare I say it, I'm nearly there.

The only problem I am having know is getting my Belkin Wireless G USB adapter working. The driver disc doesn't come with a linux driver :(

Does anybody know if there is a way to get the adapter working on Debian?

It isn't a biggy if there isn't, I can just re-locate my router and carry on with the wired connection but, you know, it would be nice if I didn't have to.

Thanks,
Jay

Taff™ 11:39 04 Jun 2006

These links may help click here click here

splatter 12:15 04 Jun 2006

Thanks Taff, giving the DriverGuid link ago now. I also came accross the DriverLoader after posting, but it gives me some error about the Kernel version being wrong or something :S

Anyway, I manages to get this: click here" (screenshot) but I still can't use it.

Also, does anybody know any good freeby linux newbie guides?

Jay

Taff™ 06:40 06 Jun 2006

Not sure I can help you on that screenshot. I haven`t used wifi with Linux. I knew there was a driver for it only because I struggled to find the correct driver for a Belkin USB adapter - there were three for my particular model.

Try click here for guides.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Why this awful City of Los Angeles job ad for a graphic designer is actually brilliant

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)