Belkin Modem Router F6D 4630-4 v2 Blinking internet light when not in use.

tilly 2 16:26 24 Jan 2013
Answered

Please can anyone help me, I know nothing about routers. Why all of a sudden does my internet light on my modem flash orange when I have turned off my computer. I looked up in the manual troubleshoot section. It says the blinking orange light (which is normally steady green when in use) is trying to connect to the internet. I don't understand that when the computer is turned off. I am able to connect to the internet ok. To get rid of the flashing light I turn off the modem when I finish using the computer each time.

tilly 2 10:14 26 Jan 2013

Cannot find that number The nearest to that N10117 Z 528 I think it maybe time to get a new one. This one is nearly 2 years old. Wish I new what make to by that is reliable. I don't do any gaming just use it for general purpose and something easy to connect up as I don't understand all the jargon.

Chronos the 2nd 10:28 26 Jan 2013
Answer

I have a Netgear DGN2200 (N300) and only upgraded from a Netgear DG834G which I used for well over 5 years because I wanted a better wireless signal. In my experience the Netgear routers are simple to set up and very reliable.

tilly 2 10:43 26 Jan 2013

Thank you for your help. I think its time to ditch Belkin and try something else. Much appreciated.

woodchip 12:01 26 Jan 2013

I have no idea why it should disconnect as my Router stays connected all the time even when not in use. mine is a 3Com and never had a problem with it

tilly 2 15:25 26 Jan 2013

Thanks woodchip. Mine used to work like that also and I don't understand it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Best Android emulators for Mac

TV & Streaming : comment regarder Roland Garros ?