belkin 7 port usb adapter

johnnyrocker 10:09 22 Jan 2006

i have previously used a powered belkin 4 port usb adapter which previously held scanner webcam and printer but having acquired other gadgets i felt i needed the above and since fitting it and then plugging 4 port in to the seven i have lost my scanner and new found hardware pops up at start up, i put the disk in and point the wizard to drive d but install fails as it says cant find drivers, i rebooted and unplugged scanner ran install disk but it did not at any time sk me to plug in scanner but carried through the process til it told me it was installed which it isn't any ideas please?
xp pro sp2

johnny.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:13 22 Jan 2006

Forget mains power that is to run motors lamps etc.

The scanner / printer will draw some power from the USB port. The ports can only provide 500mA some of whih is lost when powering through hubs.

Some devices are more power hungry than others ie.e printers scanner modems and nedd onnecting direct to the motherboard port or PCI card port. Oters like mice an run from an unpowered HUB.

johnnyrocker 14:22 22 Jan 2006

cheers but i think there is a misunderstanding, scanner/printer/cam all have their own power source, but i think i know what you are getting at i have tried putting back to original state connectionwise and system restore but same prob

johnny.

johnnyrocker 14:22 22 Jan 2006

cheers but i think there is a misunderstanding, scanner/printer/cam all have their own power source, but i think i know what you are getting at i have tried putting back to original state connectionwise and system restore but same prob

johnny.

johnnyrocker 14:41 22 Jan 2006

well i put it all back as was and rebooted, hey prersto got scanner back so why cant the pc see the scanner if plugged direct via belkin to pc?

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

Best Wacom Cintiq alternatives

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?