Belkin 300 Range Extender Lost Password

flycatcher1 22:51 27 Aug 2017

Is there any way to retrieve a lost password for a Belkin 300 Range Extender? Loss occured after a major clear out followed by the purchase of a new router. The Belkin was cheap but barely adequate so I may have to get another Extender.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:41 28 Aug 2017

Have you tried resetting it and putting in a new password?

click here

flycatcher1 11:38 28 Aug 2017

Thanks Fruitbat for helpful comment. My Extender is the old cheapie without aerials which, most likely, is the reason for the mediocre performance. I can see a Wps button so I will carry out an investigation later. My gut feeling is to buy a new and better piecse of equipment.

Govan1x 09:59 20 Jan 2018

The password should be the same as the one you use with your new router.

So just a matter of opening the wireless icon on the Taskbar. Choosing the range extender and typing in the latest password.

Govan1x 10:01 20 Jan 2018

Just in case plug it in near the Router if it does not show wherever you have it plugged in.

flycatcher1 20:39 20 Jan 2018

Thanks Govan1x for your helpful comments. I had put the router password in but the two signals were of equal strength so I thought that I had done something wrong. After your comment I moved the Extender to another position which, in theory, was poor but, lo and behold, the signal strength of the extender is now over 50% greater than the router. Your message has made me re-assess the problem and solved it, thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Motorola Razr (2019) confirmed: Release date, price and specs

Photoshop for iPad is finally out – but what do designers think?

MacBook Pro 16in review: Hands-on

Motorola Razr (2019) : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique