Hot Topics

Belkin 300 Range Extender Lost Password

flycatcher1 22:51 27 Aug 2017

Is there any way to retrieve a lost password for a Belkin 300 Range Extender? Loss occured after a major clear out followed by the purchase of a new router. The Belkin was cheap but barely adequate so I may have to get another Extender.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:41 28 Aug 2017

Have you tried resetting it and putting in a new password?

click here

flycatcher1 11:38 28 Aug 2017

Thanks Fruitbat for helpful comment. My Extender is the old cheapie without aerials which, most likely, is the reason for the mediocre performance. I can see a Wps button so I will carry out an investigation later. My gut feeling is to buy a new and better piecse of equipment.

Govan1x 09:59 20 Jan 2018

The password should be the same as the one you use with your new router.

So just a matter of opening the wireless icon on the Taskbar. Choosing the range extender and typing in the latest password.

Govan1x 10:01 20 Jan 2018

Just in case plug it in near the Router if it does not show wherever you have it plugged in.

flycatcher1 20:39 20 Jan 2018

Thanks Govan1x for your helpful comments. I had put the router password in but the two signals were of equal strength so I thought that I had done something wrong. After your comment I moved the Extender to another position which, in theory, was poor but, lo and behold, the signal strength of the extender is now over 50% greater than the router. Your message has made me re-assess the problem and solved it, thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch HBO in the UK

All the Virtual Creative Events that'll save 2020

macOS 10.15.5 Catalina improves battery health and fixes Finder crash bug

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans