BBC Front Page

bluto1 21:36 15 Jul 2009

I use BBC as my front page and they frequently have interesting subject matter I can click on to watch and listen to.
However, the speech is intermittent, on for a few seconds and off for a second, and so on.
My query is, do I need any other application on my PC in order to correct this problem?
Many thsnks for help.

woodchip 21:47 15 Jul 2009

it sound like you have a slow ISP download,

forgive the sound pun

bluto1 21:54 15 Jul 2009

Thanks a million, as I,m in contention with my ISP about exactly that. I,ll leave this running for a while just in case.

bluto1 19:07 16 Jul 2009

I'll tick as resolved. The problem is still there but I can fix it with a new ethernet card and drivers.

Forum Editor 19:21 16 Jul 2009

is streamed to you; it will be affected by bandwidth issues, and anything in your computer's hardware configuration that might cause a bottleneck.

bluto1 20:50 23 Jul 2009

I've just returned to this thread so missed your remarks. Could you amplify the part where you said something in my hardware configuration might cause a bottleneck. I'm either not thinking straight or too dense to figure it out.

woodchip 21:50 23 Jul 2009

a slow cpu will make a difference as will slow hard drive but doubt it being a hardware problem

bluto1 22:18 23 Jul 2009

CPU 2.26MHz RAM 2 GB/s HDD 80 GB. I still think it's graphics. I updated the drivers for the onboard graphics and am now actively looking for a Low Profile card for my remaining PCI slot.

woodchip 22:22 23 Jul 2009

don't think its them but if onboard graphics that may be a problem, my bet is still on you download speed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?