B/Band compatable with laptop 56k modem

GOBEEN 21:46 15 May 2006

Hi ppl,I have anotebook with a already installed 56k modem,I have b/bnd.on my main P/C.can I just plug the lead into my laptop or how do I do it,thanks for looking, GOB.

ventanas 21:54 15 May 2006

Not quite that simple. It depends whether you want to use both machines on the Internet at the same time, in which case you will have to network them, either by cables or by wireless. If you can put up with using them separately you can install your BB modem and ISP software onto the laptop and swap the BB modem between the two.

woodchip 21:55 15 May 2006

I use mine through a 3Com Wireless connection. I also have a 56k modem but it's not plugged in as I do not need to use it, unless I needed to send a Fax

woodchip 22:00 15 May 2006

You should be able to just plug the Ethernet cable in, this will work and setup it's self. You can use ether or both at the same time when plugged into a Router modem on the Net

woodchip 22:01 15 May 2006

You should be able to just plug the Ethernet cable in, this will work and setup it's self. You can use ether or both at the same time when plugged into a Router modem on the Net

PS they do not need to be Networked to use as above

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?