Barebones

phildux 12:36 08 May 2005

what is a Barebone system

VoG II 12:47 08 May 2005

Typically case, power supply, motherboard.

Diodorus Siculus 12:48 08 May 2005

One that comes with motherboard, psu, processor and RAM and very little else. Take a look at novatech.co.uk for details.

phildux 13:08 08 May 2005

on the novatech.co.uk web site what would be considered a good buy. are there any advantages to buying a barebones system.

pj123 13:28 08 May 2005

Plus of course you have to put them together. Take a look here to get an idea. Click on Bundles. click here

the kopite 13:33 08 May 2005

The advantages of a barebones system is that it allows you to pick a motherboard and processor to your specs that are guaranteed compatible then you can chose other pherephials (ie grapics card sound card) that you want kopite

Diodorus Siculus 14:15 08 May 2005

I think that strictly speaking, VoG™ is correct in his description of "barebones".

What might be more useful is what I suggest - partly built systems with motherborad, case, psu, ram and processor. After that you can add as you wish.

I would seriously consider Novatech except for the fact that they have only 300W PSUs and when I asked, said that they wouldn't upgrade.

Jal do have good deals and I am looking at them at the moment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)