backing up pc using acronis ti 11

gibfish26 19:30 13 Jul 2008

hi,
thanks to help from forum members i've just installed external hard drive,formated and ready to go,i want to back-up my complete system.do i need to do a virus and spyware scan,also defrag before creating back-up,do i also need to create a back-up disc,nice and simple please i am new to all this,i have acronis ti 11 disc.thanks.

gibfish26

Technotiger 19:41 13 Jul 2008

Hi, If you have the original Acronis disc you will not need to make a Rescue disc, the Acronis disc is a Rescue disc. I would do a virus scan, defrag and anything else you think necessary before making your full backup, you will then have a good clean point to come back to if ever necessary.

Technotiger 19:47 13 Jul 2008

Having made your first full back-up (just follow the Acronis on-screen prompts), you should then make a Schedule for regular Differential backups.

gibfish26 16:59 14 Jul 2008

hi technotiger.
thanks for your response,yes i have the original acronis disc just purchased from amazon.may i trouble you for a bit more info,to do a back-up of my pc do i just put the acronis disc into my CD drive and then follow on screen instructions,i want to back up to external HDD.thanks.

gibfish26.

iscanut 17:11 14 Jul 2008

You will need to install the program from the CD first. Then run it and you will get a screen showing various options.The one you want will be Backup/Restore. Click on that and follow prompts. Don't forget to verify your backup as well. You will find this latter option by clicking on "Operations" then " Validate Backup Archive". Come back to us if more help required.

gibfish26 17:44 14 Jul 2008

hi nuts
many thanks for your info will give it a go,will post back if i have any problems.

gibfish26.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?