backing-up Office 2010

Laurence WM 15:09 02 Nov 2010

I have purchased Office 2010 from microsoft.com. It is now installed on Windows XP on my PC. What is the best way to make a back-up copy, please?

Thanks very much,
Laurence WM

Sea Urchin 15:17 02 Nov 2010

Presumably you bought the program on disk/s? I would say that is the ideal backup.

Ian in Northampton 15:55 02 Nov 2010

Either what Sea Urchin says - make a copy of the original disks (that's what I do for all my software) or, if you purchased via download, burn the download file to a disc.

Laurence WM 17:56 02 Nov 2010

Thanks for your replies. It was purchased via download. I have tried copying the download onto a disc, but have had difficulties. Is there any problem with using the product key again for making the back-up?

wee eddie 18:03 02 Nov 2010

your License Number. Anything goes wrong and you should be able to re-download.

But, check with them first, there may be a limit to the number of Re-Downloads.

Laurence WM 21:02 02 Nov 2010

Thank you, Wee Eddie.

With my order confirmation came the advice 'We recommend you save the download to an external drive or DVD'. This is what I have been trying to do, unsuccessfully (on to a CD). If anyone has done exactly this (copying the download from my desktop) perhaps they could guide me through step-by-step. Is it the installation package that I should be copying? Many thanks.

iscanut 10:17 03 Nov 2010

Will probably need to be a DVD as CD has only 650Mb or so.

Sea Urchin 16:10 03 Nov 2010

I would suggest downloading ImageBurn to save the file from your desktop - it's very easy to use. But I would agree with iscanut - you'll need a DVD instead of the CD

click here

Laurence WM 15:44 04 Nov 2010

I'll try ImgBurn on a DVD.

Laurence

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?