Backing up C Drive in Macrium Reflect

Housten 17:10 10 May 2018

Good Afternoon, Gentlemen,

Recently I asked about backing up, but I have just realised that whilst I have been backing up my C partition, I have not been doing it completely - I think! In Reflect you are given the option of creating an image "of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows". What I had not realised until today was that this doesn't necessarily include some programmes that installed themselves on C. In the manual for Reflect 7 that I have it mentions a "File and Folder" option, which I do not have! Has anyone any idea about what I should do to backup these other programmes OR should I use another programme completely which will backup these other programmes. If so I would appreciate any suggestions that you may care to suggest.

Any and all replies will be very gratefully received.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:36 10 May 2018

If you are taking an image of the partition you are getting everything on that partition.

to image the system drive you need to make sure all partitions on the drive are ticked (system reserved, recovery and C: drive. that way windows will boot properly once the image is restored.

imaging just files and folders is a different thing from imaging the whole partition and can be used if you just wish to save certain items and not other, this also means it takes up less space on your recovery drive.

Housten 11:01 16 May 2018

Good Morning, Fruit Bat /\0/\,

Thank you very much for this information, just what I want!! I have the Free version of Reflect and it was only by looking at the manual that I found out about the files and folders option, because it is not on my version. However I am very happy now to just do the create an image for Windows and Image selected as my backups.

I am extremely grateful for your help.

alanrwood 15:51 16 May 2018

What about your precious data???

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Best Android emulators for Mac

TV & Streaming : comment regarder Roland Garros ?