Back up vista

raziel08 17:12 25 Jan 2009

Hi i am currently trying to create a back up of vista home premnium so that if my hard drive completly fails i will still be able to use vista. i have NTI Backup Now! 4.7. This software asks me to manually choost the files that i want to back up. after clicking on the hard drive i'm given a list of folders. Do i need to back up just the folder labelled windows? i will also need to back up all of my programs seperatley.

mooly 17:33 25 Jan 2009

Is NTI a disc imaging program... it may not be. Think you need Acronis or similar. My Acer came with NTI bundled software inc backup 4.5 I think. It just backed up user data and stuff so uninstalled it and I use Acronis exclusively.

raziel08 17:49 25 Jan 2009

I don't think it is. i think that it just copies the files. the computer is an acer as well and comes with various NTI products. Will try acronis then thank you. Do you have a website that i can download it from or is it a bought product?

mooly 18:21 25 Jan 2009

Try Amazon, you get the CD then, not just a download. Also see,
click here
click resources and tutorials. Doesn't your Acer have Erecovery or Empowering technology as they call it that lets you do full image backups anyway. I lost that feature when I got the free Vista upgrade two years ago, but I kept the bundled stuff except NTI backup. That's why I got Acronis and use it to do running backups to the D partition. It's saved the day on several occasions to ! I know I should clone the disc as well... I must at some point.

raziel08 22:13 25 Jan 2009

Yes i do have empowering technology but haven't really looked at it too closely. So i will look at that too thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?