avg problems

bamfiesler 10:56 01 Apr 2005

I am picking up virii left right and center! AVG is up to date, yet missies some of the ones xsoftspy catches! Also, this morning I've had the avg resident shield pop up with virus alerts, but when I click on heal, move to vault, or any of the buttons, the program says 'that action is not allowed for this object'. Subsequent full virus scans are finding nothing!

Sysrestore is off.

Many thanks to all, etc.

bamfiesler 11:03 01 Apr 2005

also, now have had the system shut itself down because soemthing called 'RPC terminated unexpectedly'

Eh??

p;3 11:08 01 Apr 2005

which version of agv are you using and what is your os? and presume you are only running one antivirus program on your system?(as opposed to on-line scans)

bamfiesler 11:11 01 Apr 2005

avg7, xp pro, sygate firewall. There's all kinds of stuff trying to connect to the net, now.

tclick here is a regular one.

bamfiesler 11:13 01 Apr 2005

more virii being spied by resident shield. If I can't DO anything with them, can I assume they're being blocked??

HELP!

bamfiesler 12:08 01 Apr 2005

bump

p;3 12:12 01 Apr 2005

PLEASE do not post ANY link to anything as you have probably got an infection; I will ask fe to remove the link ;I hovered over the link ; suggst try running this if I can post it on here

click here

this goes to stinger which I think you need to run on your pc:)

p;3 12:18 01 Apr 2005

I have asked F.E. to remove your link at 11.11 above in case someone else sees it and possibly infects their machine::))

p;3 12:45 01 Apr 2005

run the Stinger program and post back with what it has told you it has found:)

bamfiesler 13:06 01 Apr 2005

that exe file was supposedly part of the System; sorry for my ignorance. I'll try the Stinger. AVG has now picked up two.

bamfiesler 13:06 01 Apr 2005

that exe file was supposedly part of the System; sorry for my ignorance. I'll try the Stinger. AVG has now picked up two.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?