AVG and JK Defrag Gui

cocteau48 11:25 30 Mar 2008

Got a threat warning from AVG last night re Worm/Autoit.ZM and linking it to JKDefrag GUI.....and found the quote below on the JK Forum this morning...

"The latest virus definitions from AVG show the Emiel Wieldraaijer version of JkDefragGui as a virus: Worm/Autoit.ZM."

Have used this GUI for months so I am hoping that this is a AVG false positive although no reference on the AVG forum as yet.

Anyone else seen this warning?

sunny staines 12:07 30 Mar 2008

do not use avg, but norton av, spyware terminator, a2 squared, superantispyware all clear yesterday nothing found. still using jkd.

cocteau48 12:17 30 Mar 2008

I have confirmed the posting on the JK forum and also posted on the AVG forum so will await developments.

All my antispyware comes up clean like yourself.

brundle 12:37 30 Mar 2008

No warning from NOD32 v3, upload the file to click here if you're unsure.

cocteau48 13:27 30 Mar 2008

Thanks for that brundle.
First off the JKDefrag program itself seems to be unaffected it's the GUI which is throwing a wobbly.
I uninstalled the GUI and downloaded afresh and got the same threat warning as soon as I unzipped it.
Ran it through your VirusTotal link and it came up with 7 positives (nearly all different).
I will just run with the basic program and forget the GUI until someone decides what is going on.

cocteau48 13:36 30 Mar 2008

Meant to post the scan link:
click here

cocteau48 17:19 30 Mar 2008

Definitions file update from AVG ... and the JKDefrag GUI is no longer a threat!
Don't you just love AV programs!!!

sunny staines 21:17 30 Mar 2008

getting like A2 Squared

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?