AVG internet security update fails continuously

majacobs 07:45 16 Nov 2018

My AVG Internet Security virus definition failed. The messag on the screen is: “Host not reachable”. I contacted AVB Support Center, but after hours of failing, I give up hope. Can you help?

Forum Editor 08:20 16 Nov 2018

Take a look at this.

PCStore_Services 08:48 21 Nov 2018

Hello there

When update fails for a programs then first you should check the relevant services if they are running fine or not. While updating the antivirus make sure there is no other security program installed because they may conflict with each other. After making sure the services and other programs are not creating trouble restart your Computer and try to run the update again.

If the problem remains the same you can rename the host file ( Windows key + R = Run Type c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc and Click OK. Rename the Hosts file as Hosts.old ans try to run the update after restarting the computer.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel Slate review

Brian Cox-branded beer brings Big Bang beauty to bottles

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment jouer à des jeux de PS2 et PS3 sur PS4 ?