AVG free virus

nobrain 14:43 24 Aug 2003

Sorry its me again!as everyone else seemed to think avg was good to have i downloaded it and now it says Avg is not a valid win32 application.now what have i done wrong ?

The Sack 15:19 24 Aug 2003

corrupted download maybe?

Belatucadrus 15:40 24 Aug 2003

I agree with The Sack, a sound download of AVG definitely is a valid win32 application, either download AVG again and try that or upgrade to avast4 at click here

nobrain 18:41 24 Aug 2003

i downloaded avast4 but didnt uninstall norton first<big mistake> and the whole computer froze! sorted now, will stick to norton and pay up.thanks for your help everyone

3tg 18:45 24 Aug 2003

I posted here about the AVG program and everyone advised me to uninstall Norton first, which I did, then I downloaded AVG and it's very good, surely you can try again aa AVG is free. Cheers

Belatucadrus 19:03 24 Aug 2003

Two anti virus progs is almost always an ugly combination. Definitely a no no.

robin2dogs 19:05 24 Aug 2003

...and paid for the pro version.however I did'nt set the auto updates daily initially+ caught "bugbear" but found Solo(freebe) to remove it,only lost 4 files.Point is avg+solo ran happily sideby side.

nobrain 19:37 24 Aug 2003

but if i uninstall norton and install avast4 will i not be open to every virus going while i am installing avast ?it took about 45 minutes to install it and 2 seconds to get rid of it!

Jester2K II 20:09 24 Aug 2003

True but its the best way to do it...

Jomi 20:12 24 Aug 2003

Download avast4 first but don't install. Log off the internet, uninstall Norton AV then install the avast4 prog.

nobrain 20:23 24 Aug 2003

Cheers will try it in the morning as been siting here all afternoon !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?