AVG Customer support

jaritch 13:29 22 Mar 2006

I have the paid for version of AVG + Firewall. I thought I would just record on this forum for anyone looking for security with good support that I highly recommend AVG.

Without going into detail, I had a recurring, all be it minor, problem at start up. A delay in Firewall activating. AVG were excellent in their response to my e-mails, and after trying various things no immediate solution was found.

They said that they would be continuing to look into the problem. I thought to myself "in other words let's ignore it". However after the last major AVG update, this problem was rectified. A few days later I recieved am e-mail from AVG stating that the problem had indeed been dealt with in the last update.

I just thought I would share a positive support issue. So often we only see the negative ones no matter the company.

ACOLYTE 13:44 22 Mar 2006

It's good to note that Grisoft have a quick and positive support database,in the cut throat PC security market companies cannot afford to be slack on customer help if they intend to keep your's and other people's trade.It's a pity some other companies don't follow there lead.

Nice one.

Ritchbee 13:48 22 Mar 2006

I also had a minor problem with my AVG and their response to my query was quick and it resolved the issue quickly.

Good customer support......agreed

jz 21:28 23 Mar 2006

I had a problem with AVG software claiming that a programme was a virus, when in fact it wasn't. I emailed them, sending them the programme, and they responded quickly, saying that the problem would go away with the next AVG update. The update appeared a few hours later, and sure enough, the problem went away - I'm impressed with them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts