avg anti virus

pat2068 20:54 05 Jul 2003

I am using the free avg when it scans my comp it is telling me there is no virusis but when you look at the information there is a lot of files it is saying it cant open and has'ent scanned can anyone help me as I don't know why they cant open thanks mary

howard60 21:16 05 Jul 2003

if you are not having any problems do not worry - AVG is the best and if it says no virus thats it as far as I am concerned - Certain files are locked by windows etc.

splork 21:16 05 Jul 2003

most are probably system files, that are `in use` so unscannable, and probably safe. i take it you aren't concerned about your PC having been hit by a virus and doing weird stuff....

hugh-265156 21:18 05 Jul 2003

i may be wrong.i get this too and as far as i know this is normal.windows will not allow access to certain system files to be scanned.

someone may be able to explain this for you in detail.

holly polly 22:11 05 Jul 2003

don't want to alarm you but i was running avg ,a pretty good anti virus -for nowt ,however after installing and running norton 2003 this told me that there was a virus {backdoor bionet}-which after 2 full scans of my system ,avg failed to find ,if running avg i reccomend that every so often say once a week you visit one of the online scanning facilities {symantec or panda}and do a online scan of your system ,this is a reassuring way of verifying the effectiveness of your anti virus software-i still use it even though i am running norton,hope this is of help -holly polly....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

The City of Los Angeles graphic designer job ad amuses internet

iMac Pro review

Les meilleurs smartphones Android (2018)