AVG 6.0 Difficulty

richardluke 13:08 01 Sep 2003

I've been running AVG 6.0 successfully for ages now. Came back off holiday and immediately updated with the latest download. Since then, on boot up, I get a message from the 'AVG Resident Shield', saying 'Can't load AVG Core Service. Please re-install AVG 6.0' there's an OK button and a timer which counts down 30 seconds. If you hit 'OK' AVG loads. If you don't, it doesn't.
I've tried uninstalling / re-installing - same problem. Wasn't a problem before holiday / latest download. Anyone got any ideas, please ?

I'm quite happy to pay out for the latest version if it's good. Anyone know?

wildrover 13:41 01 Sep 2003

I have recently updated and found no problem. There are a couple of FAQs about this problem on the AVG site click here? id_rodice=8 - maybe you need to uninstall and replace with new download of the free version?

richardluke 11:53 02 Sep 2003

wildrover -thanks for the reply. I'd seen the FAQs but i wondered if this was a common problem.
I've taken your advice and downloaded the Trial Version of 7.0. It seems to have cured the problem. If it continues to work OK I'll probably buy it. I reckon I've had a good few years free protection from Version 6.0.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

25 book design and illustration tips

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts