Avast Questions

prince midas 12:55 09 May 2009

I have been giving Avast Antivirus a test and would like a little help on the following.
Is it possible to get an Avast Security suite which includes a firewall and anti spyware beside the antivirus?
Also when I load the computor it now says you are running an Active X is this okay and I have to tick yes or no and I am sure this is from Avast.
Finally it detects 2 files which are not trojans,how do I tell Avast to ignore them?

Sea Urchin 13:08 09 May 2009
  provider 2 13:16 09 May 2009

Excellent tutorial there, Sea Urchin, if I may say so.

I think Avast is working on a firewall but no firm date for introduction has been given as yet.

Avast 4.8 includes an anti-spyware component.

provider 2 13:24 09 May 2009

... and quite a lot else: click here

prince midas 13:39 09 May 2009

Thanks guys but you havent answered my question on telling it to ignore trojans which do not exist, or the active x question.

provider 2 14:24 09 May 2009

prince midas,

In reverse order, the active x you refer to, I don`t think has anything to do with Avast. At least I`ve not seen any such warning or advice.

As for "trojans" (files?) that don`t exist, you can exclude them from being scanned by right-clicking the blue globe and selecting program settings> exclusions, if you`re sure those files are ok.

The Avast forum is a good source of info if these answers are inadequate. There is also a section specifically on viruses and worms etc click here

woodchip 14:29 09 May 2009

if you told us what avast said, it would make it easier to tell you

prince midas 16:31 09 May 2009

Thanks guys the Active X message appears to have gone away now, the tip by Provider 2 worked fine when I looked in exclusions and put the names of the suspected files in and told it to exclude them.

provider 2 17:07 09 May 2009

Welcome. (75 million + 1)? click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?