Automatic Internet Connection

Bun 15:12 16 Feb 2005

I thought I had cracked it last time with taking it off the start up but it is still happening. I am using Windows ME and Blueyonder broadband and Internet Explorer. Every time I switch on the computer it automatically connects me to the internet. It's become a nuisance. Can anybody help please.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 15:22 16 Feb 2005

use tools>interent options>connections then tick never dial a connection this should stop connecting when you start up pc

GaT7 15:39 16 Feb 2005

May be there's some other program that's doing this, like it was happening for maz2 click here.

SurfMonkey, your suggestion will usually work on a standard dialup connection - Bun has a broadband connection. G

plsndrs3 15:58 16 Feb 2005

You could try a Firewall like ZoneAlarm click here or Kerio click here [sorry, you don't say if you have one]. This will at least tell you what is trying to connect.

regards,

Paul

Yoda Knight 16:19 16 Feb 2005

BLUEYONDER BROADBAND is an always-on CABLE connection ! It doesnt dial up !

VoG II 16:21 16 Feb 2005

Do you mean Internet Explorer launches at startup?

plsndrs3 16:54 16 Feb 2005

"Every time I switch on the computer it automatically connects me to the internet"

I took this to be attempting to dial up [the dial up connection box appears] as if the connection is always on, there would be no warning - other than opening another program like VOG suggests. If it were attempting to dial a connection Kerio or Zone alarm would be able to identify what program was doing this [if not already known] for correction or deletion, as required.

Paul

Yoda Knight 21:39 16 Feb 2005

I think Bun had beta be a bit more specific as to what exactly he means if he wants any specific advice with this one

Yoda Knight 21:40 16 Feb 2005

I think Bun had beta be a bit more specific as to what exactly he means if he wants any specific advice with this one (Although I personaly suspect Vog nailed it... )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

3D illustrator Billelis on how to promote yourself on social media

iMac Pro review

Apple Music : comment obtenir 3 mois gratuits ?