Auto play Problems- Help Please!

[email protected] 17:32 08 Aug 2005

If I put a program Cd into my D or E drive (DVD & CD drives respectively) they no longer automatically run. I have looked in Auto Play options but they do not give the action of simply running the program CD- the nearest that I can get is to choose the CD as "Mixed" content, and then select the action "Open folder to use files using windows explorer".
What I am looking for is to simply run a CD. My daughter is now heavily into using the computer and could manage much better if the inserted prog. CD simply ran on insertion- where am I going wrong?
I am running Windows XP Home. Many tahnks in advacnce!

VoG II 17:34 08 Aug 2005
  [email protected] 20:31 08 Aug 2005

Thanks- I checked out Link 1, but everything is a sit should be on my PC going by that. I tried to follow link 2 but cannot get past the windows vaildation which is mad as I A) Have a legal copy of windows 2) Have previously vaildated so am surprised if I have to do this repeatedly!

Thanks- I checked out Link 1, but everything is as it should be on my PC going by that. I tried to follow link 2 but cannot get past the windows vaildation which is mad as I A) Have a legal copy of windows 2) Have previously vaildated so am surprised if I have to do this repeatedly!

Of couse I meant validation!

[email protected] 20:39 08 Aug 2005

I had previously downloaded AutoFix (for probs with a card reader) I have tried to use it but it says that I must "Log Off and then log on again". I logged off wiondows and back on but still get the log off/on message. I have no idea how to log off/on auto fix- any ideas?
Thanks!

Completealias 01:29 09 Aug 2005

Try rebooting the system, as what you are doing is logging of and then on again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?