Auto Insert Nodification Removal on XP Pro

killernofiller101 21:21 01 Mar 2004

Hi, I am just wondering how do turn off the auto insert nodification on Windows XP Pro because its driving my head in when it loads CDs that I dont want to load!!

temp003 07:58 03 Mar 2004

Log on with an account with Administrator privileges. Click Start, Run, type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

The Group Policy console will open.

On the left, Expand Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System.

Highlight System. On the right, look for an item which says "Turn Off Autoplay". The current setting is likely "Not configured".

Double click the item and set it to "Enabled" (meaning enable turning off). Click OK. Changes may or may not require a restart to take effect.

If you only want to disable autoplay for the current logged on account, select User Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, "Turn off autoplay".

temp003 07:58 03 Mar 2004

Log on with an account with Administrator privileges. Click Start, Run, type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

The Group Policy console will open.

On the left, Expand Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System.

Highlight System. On the right, look for an item which says "Turn Off Autoplay". The current setting is likely "Not configured".

Double click the item and set it to "Enabled" (meaning enable turning off). Click OK. Changes may or may not require a restart to take effect.

If you only want to disable autoplay for the current logged on account, select User Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, "Turn off autoplay".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?