AudioTag 8192 ?? Confused...

AngeTheHippy 15:59 27 Jan 2005

Hi Chaps,
Downloaded a couple of films this week, one of them is a WMP (video Clip) file,viewable on both Win Media player and DivX player. Picture quality of fantastic, but as it's a film about a musician, well, um, sound is quite important and there isn't any!!! I get the message when I open in DivX : **The video you are opening includes audio data that is not recognised by the DivX player. The file contains the following type of data: Audio Data: Tag 8192. You may need to install a new audio codec on your computer to listen to** Now, I've looked at various sites and forums concerning this codec, and am a bit unsure whether to install or not - some people have had no probs with their XP pc, and others can no longer open either DivX or WMP.

Pls can I have a bit of advice what to do about this.

Thanks loads,

AngeTheHippy
xx

ACOLYTE 16:02 27 Jan 2005

You could try this download.divxmovies.com/ac3codec.zip

ACOLYTE 16:03 27 Jan 2005

lol sorry missed a bit

click here

AngeTheHippy 16:04 27 Jan 2005

your link not working, but I've been to that site already, and I wanna know whether anyone else here has had dealings with this codec/wmp etc etc.

A
xx

ACOLYTE 16:10 27 Jan 2005

The link is a direct download to the codec.

or have you tried click here

click here

AngeTheHippy 16:35 27 Jan 2005

and others had dimilar probs - was directed to click here by another PCA member - excellent site! Downloaded and am watching in excellent pic, sound a bit low, but not a prob. Just turn it up!!!!!

AngeTheHippy
xx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)