Audiograbber

pj123 17:45 19 Jun 2005

Downloaded audiograbber as recommended by some on this forum. Doesn't work. All I get is "the track 1.cda is not a 16 bit stereo 44.1 Khz PCM wave file". Well of course it isn't. It is a CD of a jazz concert that I played in some time ago. The organiser recorded the concert and gave us all a CD. Which is .cda

I was led to believe that audiograbber was able to rip a CD direct to MP3. That doesn't appear to be the case. Or am I doing it wrong?

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:19 19 Jun 2005

Have you downloaded the codecs for MP3? They are not in the programme by default.......click here

Totally-braindead 22:07 19 Jun 2005

You're doing something wrong I'm afraid. As Gandalf has pointed out there are free codecs you can download but I do not think that is the problem you have, from the error message you are getting I think the program is looking for a particular type of sound file and naturally it can't find them, check the input settings. The downloadable codecs are if I remember correctly to rip CDs to MP3 above a certain quality and to be honest they are worth downloading as by default the files are sometimes not all that great, the bitrate is too low without the codecs. Wish I could help more but I now use a program I got on a PCA coverdisk.

Completealias 22:29 19 Jun 2005

My personal choice for this task is CDex also free and the mp3 quality seems alot better than other programs I have used click here

pj123 10:25 20 Jun 2005

Normally I use LP Recorder click here to record the CD to my hard drive as a .wav file and then convert to MP3 using a programme called WISMP3. That's the long way round though so I thought I would try "direct from CD to MP3"

I will give Cdex a try.

exprog 10:33 20 Jun 2005

bump

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 12:18 20 Jun 2005

just a sugestion why not just rip cd in media player 10 to WMA I have not found a cd player that wont play a burn`t cd in wma as of yet even the cd player in car plays them cant see any difference in sound quality but I supose some one will tell me different.

pj123 12:58 20 Jun 2005

SurfMonkey _#:@}™. Thanks for the suggestion. I've got no problem with playing CDs. I want them as MP3 for my MP3 player.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 13:04 20 Jun 2005

what burning software do you have

pj123 14:16 20 Jun 2005

Cdex, brilliant. Worked first time. Thanks a lot.

Thread closed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?