Audio Tapes To Digital via Audacity on WIN10

tburchell 23:28 10 Mar 2016

Hello Folks, I wonder if someone could give me a steer. I am wanting to convert a collection of audio tapes to digital. I have a very decent tape player with both RCA out and quarter inch jack outputs. I have downloaded audacity onto my WIN 10 PC. But try as I might I cant get the tapes to play through the audacity software. It seems to only want to record via the external mic? If anyone could help I would be most grateful! Kind Regards, Tim

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:57 11 Mar 2016

I have Audacity set to record whatever plays through my speakers i.e. allowing me to hear what's playing and record from programs like iplayer etc.

have a look at the online help file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Audacity/help/manual/man/record.html

100andthirty 22:33 11 Mar 2016

There are issues with Audacity and some computers upgraded to Windows 10, but this throws up error messages, not just silence.

Are some of your record devices disabled? Try right clicking the speaker icon in the system tray, select recording devices, right clickin the box that displays and tick "Show Disabled Devices". Select line in or "stereo mix"or "What u hear".

Probably enougnfor now. See how you get on

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 30 & Mate 30 Pro release date, features & specs

Fred Deakin on creating the artwork for his sci-fi rock opera The Lasters

Best iOS 13 features: What does iOS 13 do

Comparatif Fitbit : quel bracelet choisir ?