Audio Stutter Issue Arctis 7 Windows 10

erifyci 18:53 12 Aug 2018

Ok- There is a strange issue with audio playback on my build. What happens is that while playing a game, after a bit of time playing, audio from the game itself and discord shuts off and I hear intermittent clicks of audio.

I have tried updating and reinstalling audio drivers for both the realtek audio drivers and the Artis 7 Game/Chat drivers. (because this issue really only happens on the headset) This has not improved the issue. The second possibility I think this stutter could be coming from is my overloaded CPU/RAM. During gaming, I tend to hit 100% CPU usage and around 90% RAM usage. I have no idea how to combat this problem because lowering graphical settings does not seem to improve the status. If this helps I do notice that when audio gets loud (like an explosion or GLaDOS talking) it often triggers the stutter.

When the stutter occurs, nothing seems to immediately resolve the problem. I usually have to close discord and my game and wait up to 5 minutes or so for the clicking to stop before I can reopen the programs.

Please give me any advice or tips to try and resolve this issue. If you need any more info about the problem, please ask.

Specs: AMD Fx 6300 @4.1 ghz

• Cryorig H7 aftermarket air cooler

Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 gpu

8 GB HyperX Fury Ram DDR3 1600mhz

EVGA 500w PSU

Gigabyte GA78LMT USB 3.0 Motherboard

NZXT S340 case

Razer Deathadder Elite

Razer Black widow chroma stealth

Arctis 7 Gaming Headset

Windows 10 Home

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

Best Wacom deals for Easter

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Comment faire pivoter une vidéo ?