Audio Stutter Issue Arctis 7 Windows 10

erifyci 18:53 12 Aug 2018

Ok- There is a strange issue with audio playback on my build. What happens is that while playing a game, after a bit of time playing, audio from the game itself and discord shuts off and I hear intermittent clicks of audio.

I have tried updating and reinstalling audio drivers for both the realtek audio drivers and the Artis 7 Game/Chat drivers. (because this issue really only happens on the headset) This has not improved the issue. The second possibility I think this stutter could be coming from is my overloaded CPU/RAM. During gaming, I tend to hit 100% CPU usage and around 90% RAM usage. I have no idea how to combat this problem because lowering graphical settings does not seem to improve the status. If this helps I do notice that when audio gets loud (like an explosion or GLaDOS talking) it often triggers the stutter.

When the stutter occurs, nothing seems to immediately resolve the problem. I usually have to close discord and my game and wait up to 5 minutes or so for the clicking to stop before I can reopen the programs.

Please give me any advice or tips to try and resolve this issue. If you need any more info about the problem, please ask.

Specs: AMD Fx 6300 @4.1 ghz

• Cryorig H7 aftermarket air cooler

Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 gpu

8 GB HyperX Fury Ram DDR3 1600mhz

EVGA 500w PSU

Gigabyte GA78LMT USB 3.0 Motherboard

NZXT S340 case

Razer Deathadder Elite

Razer Black widow chroma stealth

Arctis 7 Gaming Headset

Windows 10 Home

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

34 tips for turning your art and graphics into amazing animated GIFs

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs