Audio Problem With a Windows 10 Computer

Jurek Rózycki 17:17 09 Feb 2018

Hello, I have been using my computer for approximately three years now and haven't had any problems with it up until recently. I have noticed there was a problem with my headset (Razer Kraken Pro), the sound was quiet, to be honest really strange and the microphone wasn't working either. Nevertheless, I thought that the headset may have been broken so used my Logitech speakers instead, which by the way, worked perfectly and ironically still do. Then after a month of normal usage my built-in camera microphone stopped working as well (Logitech C920), while the video was, and still is, fine. I've already tried connecting different microphones (minijack and USB) and even the camera (same model). That is where things get strange... All of the first time connected devices worked perfectly well for about 3 - 5 minutes and then they stopped - also they did work on other computer just fine. Anyone has any ideas what could be causing this problem? Would be very grateful, since it has been bothering me for quite a while now. Thank you in advance. Best regards, Jerzy

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:39 09 Feb 2018

Is this USB Equipment you are having problems with?

It may be down to driver conflicts in the registry sometimes its best to remove all devices from the registry and start afresh using something like USBDeiew you can remove all devices and when you next plug in they will install the drivers and should be recognised and work correctly

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple